Positive Health elicits many enthusiastic responses, critical ones included. So what are those opposing views?
- Not everyone is able to be in control of their own health.
- It is confusing that the word ‘health’ is used for a condition as well as for dealing with that condition. People can deal with their own health or lack thereof, in healthy and unhealthy ways.
- A physician’s scope is becoming rather large, if life in its entirety becomes part of health care.
- The concept is difficult to measure.
- The concept overlaps with other developments, such as shared decision-making in medicine.
- If health is such a broad area, then how could it be organised?